2008/04/14

a tribute to Cat's Eyes!

This section is dedicated to arts & artists who have influenced (or will) my perception of this beautiful world!









Would like to start with the one that came along with me all through my adolescence...



Cat Steven, today known as Yusuf Islam.
His name changed, but his essence is the same... it's that of a great artist, whose connection with the Most Greater is pure and inesplicable unless you listen to his creations.
Can't say I have a favourite album, as everyone is special and dear to me, but the one that introduced me to Cat's beautiful voice & soul is "Tea for te Tillerman"... 1971 definitely his more productive year!
Why a tribute to his eyes? I believe the eyes are the window to one's soul and you can understand if someone is on the search for God, looking into his eyes.. they shine of a sweet light... i never had the chance to look into Cat's eyes...(wish i had!!) but saw him on tv-youtube, and recognize that sparkling light.

Well, wont make it too long telling you what i know about him (no much indeed) and what his music means in my life... just wanted to thank him for the good time i had dancing, singing, humming with him... and if you want to know more, have an indipendent and free search, i'll give you a hint: click on the title or on words...
I've mentioned Cat as he is for me an example of how a man, at the top of the world (materially successful) could still live in it and "leave it all behind" for AN INDIPENDENT SEARCH OF THE TRUTH... he did it, and found the Religion of Mohammad....
I really believe that "Religion should be the cause of love and unity." --as Bahá'u'lláh says.
In the Baha'i Faith this principle ( Independent investigation of truth. ) is among the most important.. coming right after:
..... aha... you wont have me on this either... go and find it out for yourself!! :-)
ps: and if you need help, you know where you can find me!!

1 comment:

Shido said...

oooo allora?? il prossimo!