2008/04/10

P-R-I-O-R-I-T-I-Z-E

That's my mantra in last months...

Why, er.... prioritize in one's life is essential... unless we wish to live a caotic life!
Mine has always been... caotic... I'm not what could be called an "organized person"!
Sounds very robotic and "german"... but is indeed a quality I appreciate and am striving to gain!

The most important thing for me is to Serve the Cause... it comes first... no matter what!
But there are always little voices in my mind whispering: "hey your exam is getting close.."
or "your new job's tasks are piling and the book you are reading is getting an inch of dust"... "it's a while you don't meet up with friends... when are you going to see them??" "when did you last talked with your sis & parents?? you don't spend enough time with Grandpa..." "got to tidy up the house... what about some gym??" ---> don't mean that service to the Cause is preventing me from doing such things, on the contrary, I do everything... just not in an excellent way!
... life is full of things to do... all very important and serious... so how do we choose what should be done at first?? How do we succed and pursue excellence?

There's a secret I discovered lately... and wish it to stay between you and me... (ushhh!!)
If we look at everything with the eye of Service then everything we do, finds a place and time in our life with a simple finger-snap!

Ok... I've just reinvented the wheel....
I recall the answer 'Abdu'l-Bahá gave about whether the prayer should take the form of action:

<'Yes: In the Bahá'í Cause arts, sciences and all crafts are (counted as) worship. The man who makes a piece of notepaper to the best of his ability, conscientiously, concentrating all his forces on perfecting it, is giving praise to God. Briefly, all effort and exertion put forth by man from the fullness of his heart is worship, if it is prompted by the highest motives and the will to do service to humanity. This is worship: to serve mankind and to minister to the needs of the people. Service is prayer. A physician ministering to the sick,
gently, tenderly, free from prejudice and believing in the solidarity of the
human race, he is giving praise'. > (Abdu'l-Baha, Paris Talks, p.176)
What do prayer and service have to do with tasks and things to be done??
They are the core of any activity!
"Each child must be taught a profession, art, or trade, so that
every member of the community will be enabled to earn his own livelihood.
Work done in the spirit of service is the highest form of worship."
(Abdu'l-Baha, Divine Philosophy, p. 83)
So, when I feel like I'm doing nothing, or that studying a boring book is time lost, or that I haven't achieved anything big in my life... I just remind to myself that all has a profound meaning as soon as I try to accomplish it with joy and spirit of service!

May we all reach the state of the core in our daily activity!!

1 comment:

Shido said...

the little voice should also say
'write in my blog every other day, and make shido happy'