2008/04/05

Practicing Math is like trying to know God!


Let's talk about Math baby!

I want to be a mathematician in my life... knowing the problem and excercize untill the solution is find!


“As long as man does not find his own faults he can never became
perfect.
Nothing is more fruitful for man than the knowledge of his own
shortcomings.
The Blessed Perfection says: I wonder at the man who does
not find his own imperfections."

When at school, I was told that mathematic is important and will always be present in my life, well.. I thought that couldn’t be.. as soon as I would have left school and stop exercize, math would just vanish... I liked it, but couldn’t really grasp its mysteries... it was like trying to know God... impossible!
But at least we are given the opportunity to try... and for sure trying to know ourself, our potentialities and develop them, we come to know a bit about God, as we are all made in His immage in our spiritual essence.

To master mathematic, one has to keep on a systematic pattern, which I couldn’t, for I’ve changed several schools and teachers; changing the studying method and being told I wasen’t good at it, I just tried to keep my head above water, but indeed there’s a key to success: stystematicity in the strugle!
How is one supposed to be good at something without putting a constant effort in it?
Moreover, when we are told not to be ment for something, we have to bare in mind that it’s all a matter of being systematic in the practice, and that we are rich in gems. I’ve heard somewhere that a genius is 99% of hard work and 1% of talent... since we are all full of talents, in different fields, we should just find out what are the gifts we own and then work hard on them!
As Baha'u'llah says:


“Regard Man as a Mine rich in gems of enestimable value. Education can alone
cause it to reveal its treasures, and enable mankind to benefit therefrom.”

Of course we need a good Educator to train us... but then the fun of the effort is all our!
Limits exist in math... not in a process of learning and developing!

Wish you all a lot of exercize!

No comments: