2008/05/17

community life


There must be a balance between sense and sensibility! What is a matter of concern to me to-day is that we all have a different pivot of measure for holding a balance between the two... this doesn't help much in certain cases in which you have to deal with people whose measure it's all on one or the other side!
sense ---O-- sensibility

So I faced something like this the other day and was reflecting on how this two qualities actually influence our daily life, in such a way that we do react... in a good / bad or even worse way....


"God hath never burdened any soul beyond its power"
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 106)

So how do WE dare??? How could we measure others with our own scales and give a judgment?? Still,this is what we normally do.... what's worse we don't just judge, we keep the idea we have in our mind and freeze it... for as much as possible.... unless we train ourself in FLEXIBILITY GYM... (I would reccomend the humily tool)

"Beware that ye swell not with pride before God, and disdainfully reject His loved ones. Defer ye humbly to the faithful, they that have believed in God and in His signs, whose hearts witness to His unity, whose tongues proclaim His oneness, and who speak not except by His leave. Thus do We exhort you with justice, and warn you with truth, that perchance ye may be awakened. Lay not on any soul a load which ye would not wish to be laid upon you, and desire not for any one the things ye would not desire for yourselves. This is My best counsel unto you, did ye but observe it."
(Baha'u'llah, Gleanings from the Writings of Baha'u'llah, p. 126 LXVI)


Well, as I was hurt on my sensibility as my sense tells me that things should be going in a different way, I will not take the burden it was laid upon me... I can free my self... it's in my powers.... as among my powers is the capacity to put myself into someone else's shoes... and also the one to be able to recognize that I'm not exempt from making such mistakes too!!

Seems at the end there's some kind of balance.... or not??




No comments: