2008/07/09

Celebrating Martyrdom of the Bab in Torquay

Today is my day off...

and that thanks to the fact that my team is so gorgeous, they say they know it was a special occasion for me and let me go! So I could join some baha'ìs from Exeter and drive with them to Torquay, where the community of the cluster of Devon was meeting.


It was nice to have the feeling of being at home in a strange country with people I actually met for the first time in my life!

But it isn't the first time I have such feeling as it's common to all the experience I had serving the Faith in foreign countries, with people I didn't know and would call friends, brother & sisters from the first time I would look into their eyes... this is because of the great purpouse of our lives we have in common!!

I wasen't among strangers but in my own community among my family members... and this feeling grows as much as we practice it and embrace all the people we come across in our life!

In the teaching of Bahá'u'lláh...

" Do not be satisfied until each one with whom you are concerned is to you as a member of your family. Regard each one either as a father, or as a brother, or as a sister, or as a mother, or as a child. If you can attain to this, your difficulties will vanish, you will know what to do." (Abdu'l-Baha, Abdu'l-Baha in London, p. 91)

:-) I have met other memebers of my family and had some sweet time together, praying and meditating about this Holy Day and recalling the history of that 9th July 1850 , had a gorgeous lunch and nice chatting... I really enjoyed the day!!

For praising God for such a great day would like to share two of the prayers the Bab revealed:

Is there any Remover of difficulties save God? Say: Praised be God! He is God! All are His servants, and all abide by His bidding!
- The Bab


Say: God sufficeth all things above all things, and nothing in the heavens or in the earth but God sufficeth. Verily, He is in Himself the Knower, the Sustainer, the Omnipotent.
- The Bab

Ps: about the Martyrdom of the Bab find more on: http://news.bahai.org/story/644

No comments: